About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Monday, January 11, 2016

The First Cuts

The first cuts into Tami's shirts were the hardest and yes, there were tears, but the job got easier as I went along.  Lots of happy memories of growing up together came back as I worked while listening to some of our favorite music of the 70's and 80's.  Summers at the pool, talking as we walked back and forth to school, bike rides, shopping trips, sleepovers, cooking disasters, cruising the neighborhood together the day I got my drivers licence, dances...all those things that best friends do when they are young.

1 comment:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Saying goodbye to a lifelong friend is never easy. I hope this project helps in the healing process.

Blog Archive