About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Guess Who I Have Been Quilting With???

Guess who I have been quilting with this week?  Yes, the one and only, Pat Sloan!  She visited the Mountain Laurel Quilt Guild for a trunk show and workshop Monday and Tuesday.  The workshop was "Kiss Me Goodnight" (The quilt shown behind Pat in the photo.) and focused on how to sew and use "made fabric".  I loved learning the no rules/no rulers approach to piecing and it's a great way to use up those scraps too!  If you ever get a chance to take a workshop with Pat, I highly recommend that you don't miss it!  She is a fun and fabulous teacher!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

WOW! I would love to have met her and worked with her too, lucky you!
I have not been doing as much quilting lately as I would have liked but working my way back to it, I am going to start doing a new type of baby quilt soon.
I am glad you are keeping it up!

andsewon said...

I have taken two with Pat a few years ago. She and Gregg are a hoot!

Needled Mom said...

Now that is someone who would be fun to share your quilting with!!!

Jean said...

Sounds like fun and that you learned a lot! I can't wait to see the blocks you made!

Blog Archive