About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Friday, October 10, 2014

Popsicles, NetFlix, And Blankets

First thing Monday morning I will be going into the hospital for throat surgery.  Apparently when I had my tonsils out 40+ years ago the doctor left some tissue behind and now it's causing problems, so lucky me...I get to have my tonsils out twice. (Don't believe that "all the ice-cream you can eat" myth either...it's not true.  It says right at the top of my post-op instructions, "no dairy".)  Anyway, I am all prepared for a few days of sofa time.  I have a freezer full of popsicles, a long list of chick flicks in my NetFlix streaming list, and because it drives me crazy to sit and do nothing...a pile of fleece blankets ready and waiting for crocheted edgings.  I'm hoping all will last a lot longer than it takes for me to recover!

14 comments:

Dru said...

Good luck and feel better soon!

Sheila said...

Good luck! Hope you're feeling well soon .

vivian said...

Sounds like you are prepared! Best of luck!

Terry said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery! :0)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Take care of yourself. I hope all goes smoothly and successfully.

Needled Mom said...

That is SOOOO NOT fair!! You poor thing. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Gypsy Quilter said...

My goodness, this is rough news. We surely hope you get to feeling better fast. Let me know if you run out of projects and need a few quilts to bind, I'll send Dolly right over.

Quilting Moesje said...

Ahhhh... I wish you the very best !!

Take care :o)

Simone

Maxine said...

I will keep you in my prayers.

Sherry said...

Hope you have stockpiled more than you will need for your recovery period.

But having enough things ready at hand is a very good idea.

Be well.

Jean(ie) said...

Oh hugs, dear! McLeod's daughters is a fun Australian series (girl ranchers). I think that's still on Netflix. Tortilla Soup is a cute movie, as is The Magic of Belle Isle. Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day is adorable as well.

Kathy P said...

Hope you heal quickly. Give me a call if you need anything. Have fabric will travel.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Sending all good thoughts . . . and wishes for an uneventful, speedy recovery!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'll be thinking of you on Monday. Bummer about the ice cream!

Blog Archive