About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Adventures With Aurifil

See that bit of "fuzz" in the center of the red circle?  It's not really fuzz, it is a knot.  A knot that came off the spool of Aurifil thread that I have been trying out for the last couple of weeks.  I understand that factory knots happen and I've found plenty of knots in skeins of yarn (much to my dismay), but I can't say that I have ever found a knot in a spool of thread.  Now the reason for my not noticing other knots could be that they caught up in the needle and broke the thread without me actually seeing the knot.  You know, one of those times when the machine just acts up for no reason, so you rethread and everything is fine after that?  This knot just happened to be in the bobbin and showed up as I was about to snip the threads which is when I noticed it.  This certainly isn't going to ruin my new relationship with Aurifil thread, but I'll definitely be keeping a look out for knots from now on. 

3 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I've never seen a knot! SO glad you noticed it!

Maxine said...

A knot in a spool of Aurifil? This is a new one for me.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I've never once found a knot in my Aurifil thread. I'd say you probably have a rare find and should keep it attached...it may be one of those rare collectors items one day....LOL.

Smiles,
Kelly

Blog Archive