About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Placemats For The Holidays

Miss Two, our 10 year-old granddaughter, called on the phone the other day as I was finishing up a couple of placemats for our guild's most recent outreach project.  The conversation went something like this...

Miss Two:  What are you doing?
Me:  I'm quilting placemats for people who get Meals on Wheels.
Miss Two:  You can do that?!
Me:  Do what? Make things for people who get Meals on Wheels?
Miss Two:  No.  You can make placemats?  Did you make the ones that we use at your house???
Me:  Ummm...no.  I bought those at the store.
Miss Two:  Well...I think you should make yourself some too!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I really don't keep many things that I make for myself.  Why is that???  The placemats in the photo will be going to Meals on Wheels, but I think Miss Two is right...I should make myself some new placemats for the holidays too! 


5 comments:

Jean said...

Such a smart little girl! Now...what fabrics will you use?

andsewon said...

What a cute conversation with Miss Two! I am just getting into the make for us stage and I like it! ;-)Yes still make gifts but I will also work on home projects too!
Lola

Gypsy Quilter said...

Do you remember the Ho-Ho quilts folks were doing last year? Carol over at Brown Quilts had one on her table. I think they would make great placemats. And if you're looking for volunteer acceptors of additional placemats, please add my name to the list - LOL!

Betsy said...

Susan that is too funny. But honestly one day I realized that I did not own any quilts because I always made them to gift so now I have plenty. I too would love to make some placemats for meals on wheels. How can I go about this?

KaHolly said...

She is absolutely right!! But, that said, what a wonderful project! I have an aunt in TX who works as a secretary for Meals on Wheels. I'm going to ask her about this, see if I can't get something going. I winter there.

Blog Archive