About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Monday, August 26, 2013

A First!

I did something over the weekend that I have never done before...I started another knitting project before my last project was finished.  I've always heard that it's not good to knit more than one project at a time because your tension changes from project to project and the difference will be able to be seen in the finished items.  I have no idea if it's true or not, but it sounded plausible, so for that reason I've always just knit one thing at a time.  However, I needed something to work on that took a little less concentration than the cabled socks that I'm am knitting now and decided to throw caution to the wind and cast on a simple baby blanket.  This will be the perfect project to work on when I want to think about something besides what I am knitting.  I guess the tension theory will be proven one way or the other once the blanket is finished!

7 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I've never noticed a difference in my tension. It will be interesting to see if you notice a difference!

Jean said...

Such a pretty color of blue! Good luck on the tension issues!

Sandra said...

I always have two knitting projects going at once. Right now I am doing a lace scarf that requires concentration and a pair of simple socks that I can work on in front of the tv. I have never noticed a difference in tension. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Needled Mom said...

I've never heard that before. The blue is so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Didn't know that. Hmmmm...kind of like your handwriting one day may not be same the next?

N.C.Fabric Junkie said...

Never heard of that one before and I always have several projects going at one time. so what baby blanket are you making??? curious minds want to know????

Angie said...

That is sure a pretty shade of blue! Your stitching looks beautiful !

Blog Archive