About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Friday, November 23, 2012

Scarlet Ribbons

The assignment for the latest Out of Line Quilters project was to create a monochromatic quilt using a color that starts with the same letter as your first name.  I love red, so the color scarlet immediately came to mind and shortly after that I thought of the song, Scarlet Ribbons, and decided to use that as the title for my quilt.  My quilt is very simple in design and construction, but I met all the requirements and most importantly, I'm pleased with the end result!

You can see Anya's quilt from this challenge at  http://hillscreekquilter.blogspot.com/2012/11/challenge-defined.html  and Madalene's challenge quilt can be seen at  http://workingwall.blogspot.com/2012/11/a-challenging-evening.html

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Very nice and yes, you did meet the demands...beautifully.

Jean(ie) said...

Love this. Such beautiful simplicity! And the color.... YUMMY!

Denise :) said...

Lovely job! I am really intrigued with your use of the ribbon ... love it! :)

Blog Archive