About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Polka Dots & Plaid For Progress

Today several of us are working feverishly to hang quilts for the Mountain Laurel Quilt Guild's 2012 Exhibit.  My part in this exhibit has been to organize the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative Competition.  Guild members were challenged to make a Priority: Alzheimer's Quilt using at least one polka dot fabric and one plaid fabric.  The quilts will be on display during the exhibit with a prize given to the maker of the quilt with the most viewer's choice votes.  At the close of the exhibit all of the quilts will be donated to the AAQI.



The quilt in the photo is my entry, Ripple Effect.

One quilter made a quilt and donated it to raise money for Alzheimer's research.  She told another quilter about the quilt that she made.  That quilter made a quilt...
Six years later, over 2000 quilters have donated over 11,000 quilts and raised over $700,000.00 for Alzheimer's research!

This quilt is dedicated to all those who support the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative!  

10 comments:

Kathy P said...

Gorgeous, Susan! Love those concentric circles! And funny how we both picked the same green dot for our quilts! :)

Diane said...

Enjoy the show, after working at our guilds show last fall, I was exhausted but it was so much fun too.
I just love your AAQI quilts and this one is no exception-you think up the most clever names for them too.

Terry said...

I love this one! You make such amazing little quilts! :0)

Angie said...

What a fun little quilt---and for such a great cause.

Jean said...

This quilt is adorable. I love it!

Needled Mom said...

I love it. The colors are fabulous!

Joanne Lendaro said...

Great color combo!! the quilting is perfect!!!

Cher said...

love this small quilt! great colors and combination...

Denise :) said...

Hi Susan! I found you through Jean's "create" blog! I noticed that you said you had a big "0" birthday coming up next month -- and so do I! Just thought I'd come over and say we're same-to-same! I've always figured that my birthday (which is early in October) kicks off the holiday season for me! LOL! Your Ripple Effect quilt is beautiful -- great job! :)

Michele Bilyeu said...

Love your quilt. Love all of you in your guild and hey, love all of US quilters...period..that sew for AAQI. We are all amazing! Big hug for all you have done, you are fabulous, Susan!

Blog Archive