About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Friday, August 26, 2011

New Smyrna Sunset

New Smyrna Sunset is my Priority: Alzheimer's Quilt for the month of August.  I made it to commemorate the the sunsets that my mother-in-law enjoyed from her winter home in New Smyrna Beach, Florida.  She has dozens of sunset photographs in her albums, but sadly Alzheimer's has taken away all of her memories of the sunsets and her beautiful beach home.  It's my hope that this quilt will bring us one step closer to a cure because beautiful memories should never be forgotten!

Several readers have asked how they can purchase my Priority: Alzheimer's Quilts.  If you click on the AAQI tab near the top of this page it will take you to a list of the quilts that I have donated to the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative.  Click on each quilt title to see a photo of the quilt and it's status with the AAQI.  You can also go to 
www.alzquilts.org/quiltsforsale.html to see the list of all of the Priority: Alzheimer's Quilts that are for sale.

9 comments:

Jean(ie) said...

That one is beautiful, Susan. It really does remind me of really pretty sunset!

Lori said...

It is lovely and a perfect way to honor your MIL memories.

laurelqltr said...

One of the absolutely most beautiful quilt you have done. It remind me of the sunsets I used to enjoy with my late brother in Key Largo. Bet Hills Creek Quilter will not find these colors boring.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

You are terrific. This is a great project, and your quilts are always beautiful.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Yet another beauty? What a gift...I'm heading over there now.

Smiles,
Kelly

Kathy P said...

Love the colors!!!

Rene' said...

This one is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Will definitely have to check out your quilts available for sale...need to add to my collection ;-)

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

Great progression of color! Beautiful.

Barb said...

Ohhhhhh I love te colors and everything about it...

Blog Archive