About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Friday, May 13, 2011

6 In 6 Challenge: Week 1

I didn't have to dig very deep in my stash to find six yards of fabric to use in the 6 In 6 Challenge.  In fact, I found a bag of assorted flannel scraps that easily contains six yards (probably double that) on top of the pile of fabric totes in my closet, so I decided to focus on using up my flannels for this challenge.  This was a super simple strip quilt that only took a few minutes to stitch together.  All together, I will have used 1 1/4 yards for the top, 1 1/4 yards for the backing and a 1/4 for the binding once the quilt is completed.  I'm well on my way to using six yards of stash fabric in six weeks!

3 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Congratulations -- bet it feels good to use so much so quickly. I love that dotted fabric.

Needled Mom said...

Great idea and it leaves a lot of wonderful space for quilting.

Barb said...

I love the colors....wondeful quilt.

Blog Archive