About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Banana Blueberry Muffins

These are my husband's all time favorite muffins!

Banana Blueberry Muffins

2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/8 cup buttermilk*
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 large banana, mashed
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup blueberries

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine sugar, butter, buttermilk, egg and vanilla. Beat until creamy. Stir in mashed banana. Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix just until moistened. Stir in blueberries. Spoon into paper-lined muffin cups. Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick in the center comes out clean. Makes 1 dozen muffins.

* 1/2 teaspoon vinegar plus enough milk to equal 1/8 cup can be substituted for 1/8 cup buttermilk.

5 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Those look wonderful and very tasty for a cool morning.

Cheryl said...

Looks good, Mom would love them !bannanas and blue berries has to be her favorite.

Janet said...

Oh yummo, my favourite too. I love to have some in the freezer when I make muffins.

Barb said...

Oh my, I need to try these, so simple and I think I can already smell them baking! Thank you for sharing your recipe! Blueberries in the freezer and bananas ready to use...I can do this! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Can I use frozen blueberries? I've got a pint of frozen onces is why I ask.

Blog Archive