About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Yarn Bombed Tree

If you are anywhere near Corning, New York this weekend be sure to stop by Wooly Minded on West Market Street and take a look at the yarn bombed tree in front of the shop! If you aren't familiar with the new yarn bombing craze it is essentially a form of graffiti that is used to brighten everyday objects while promoting the art of knitting and crocheting. I don't know that I will be knitting sweaters for the trees in my yard anytime soon, but I sure do love the look of this yarn bombed tree!

You can see more examples of yarn bombing at Yarnbombing.com

8 comments:

Barb said...

It is amazing the minds of people and the things they can come up with...truly amazing.

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I wish I were 'home'. Then I could go.

Lori said...

Oh my gosh! That is adorable and WAY better then your standard graffiti!! LOL

Pat said...

I believe this was also being done in the area of Cape May, NJ, not too long ago. What fun!!!

Deb said...

Wow, thats amazing Susan, I have never heard of it before. What will they come up with next?

Barb said...

Hmmmmm interesting, were there lots of them, or just this one? Very colorful to see, I am sure! So you don't think you will knit colors for your trees anytime soon ;>)? Have a great weekend, stay cool!

LuAnn said...

Well, yarnbombinb is a new one to me. I'm like you...if I finish anything I won't be hanging it outside in the trees LOL. I love your bright string quilt, too.

Vals Quilting said...

this is so interesting thanks for bringing awareness to this Susan :)
Valerie
http://www.PastimesOnline.ca/Vals-Quilting/

Blog Archive