About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Speaking Of Old Tablecloths

Yesterday I mentioned that the fabric I recently purchased was reminiscent of the tablecloths that my grandma once had. I really do have a love for all things vintage...especially linens. I'm fortunate to have several of my grandma's tablecloths as well as others that I have collected from yard sales and thrift shops over the years. The tablecloth in the photo is a new addition to my collection. It was made by my daughter-in-law's grandmother around 1976 and has a beautiful hand crocheted pineapple edging all the way around. Just imagine the time it took to do that! Sadly, my daughter-in-law's grandmother is having to move to a nursing home for health reasons and the family has the difficult job of sorting through and dividing up her belongings. I feel privileged that they have entrusted this beautiful tablecloth to me. I will treasure it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has been a part of her kitchen for as long as I can remember...I know and am pleased that you will enjoy it for many years to come...
Maegan :)

julia said...

Your daughter in law's family knew that you would value and treasure this tablecloth. I think it is a great honor that they feel that way about you. I cannot imagine how long it would have taken to do all that crocheting!

Barb said...

What a lovely table cloth.....and it would be an honor...

Betsy said...

It is a beautiful tablecloth and it went to good hands. Enjoy.

Rose said...

It sounds like that tablecloth has found another good home!

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

What a beautiful piece! You don't say how big it is, but it must have taken, as you said, so much time to do. I love these vintage pieces, too.

Blog Archive