About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Something To Warm You Up

Here's a simple way to make a latte at home without an espresso machine. It may not be exactly like the what you get at the coffee house, but it sure beats going out into the cold and snow just to get a cup of coffee!





Vanilla Latte (one serving)

1/2 cup milk (skim, 2% or whole...I use skim)
1/8 teaspoon vanilla (use real vanilla, if possible)
2 teaspoons sugar (more or less to suit your taste)
extra strong brewed coffee

Pour the milk into a small mason jar and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and add the vanilla and sugar, cover and shake vigorously for a minute or so (the shaking creates the foam). Pour the milk mixture into a tall latte mug, reserving the foam for the top. Fill with hot coffee and top with the reserved foam.

10 comments:

Anya said...

You can drop one off at my house anytime...oh yes, with a squirt of whipped cream, too!

Needled Mom said...

Sounds toasty to me.

Melissa ;-) said...

Sounds great! I will have to try this one. Thanks!

Meadows08 said...

What a great tip...I have to try it.

Rene' said...

Thanks Susan! I needed that! I think my heater is broken...I am sitting on the couch bundled in a quilt with my laptop. Maybe I can unwrap myself long enough to make a latte ;-))

Anonymous said...

Sounds delightful!! Now I just need to find me a mason jar! Just days after Christmas there was an ad for the Mr. Coffee Frappe maker. I see one in my future when the weather starts warming up a tad.

webbsway said...

Hi Susan - I have always thought that receiving a gift from a friend that is something you can use and enjoy is one of the greatest gifts- so I you don't mind , I will consider this my gift from you.

One thing funny about this recipe is my son bought his wife a latte machine. She went wild and bought all those expensive little flavors. I wanted to taste so bad, but missed the opportunity and I don't believe she has ever used it after the first adventure .

So, your recipe will really fix that wish for me ! Thank you so much!

Unknown said...

Yum!! I will definately try that first thing in the morning! Of course I'll use sweet'n low or somethin'....thanks Susan!
sugar~free E

Vivian said...

This recipe is on our agenda for tonight--it's another cold day here in the "arctic tundra."
Looks like a keeper of a recipe. Thanks!

Maggey and Jim said...

Oh ho,, I have got to try that coffee,, Yummmmmmmm
Maggey

Blog Archive