About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Quilting In My Pajamas

Back in November I saw a quilting motif on Mary's blog, Mary Quilts, that I really liked. I left a comment telling her how much I liked the quilting and she wrote back telling me that it was a design by Dawn Ramirez, the pajama quilter. Mary highly recommended the Pajama Quilter DVD and workbook for anyone who wanted to learn freemotion quilting, so I added them to my Christmas wish list. I guess I have been a good girl because the DVD and workbook were under the tree! Today is the first free day that I have had since Christmas, so I'm spending the day in my pajama's and a new whiteboard to see if I can learn some new freemotion quilt designs!

10 comments:

Barb said...

You go girl, you have earned the day in your pjs ;>)!! Looks like fun, I can't wait to see what you do with you free motion quilting plans! Have a great weekend!

Brenda said...

have fun. I spent yesterday sewing in my pjs. very worth it.

Jocelyn said...

Sounds really cool. Have fun and keep us posted on your progress.

Barb said...

I love free motion...and I am sitting in my Pj's right now...

Janet said...

I have that video too, it has some graet designs. I love the Patsy Thompson ones too. I have to say they're my favourite.

Hazel said...

I also have that video ,I practiced so much I think I could do the flowers in my sleep LOL . Have fun with it ,it's the best video I have found so far .

Angie said...

I have this great DVD but need to look at again for some renewed inspiration. I love free motion quilting and I stay in my pajamas way too much on these cold days! Have fun, and I'll be looking for some dwirling soon!

Mrs Quilty said...

Good for you! Sporting pajamas and sewing! Love it! I think it's a habit that is very healing, staying in pajamas! Relaxing, calming, and just plain comfy!! Have fun!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love pajama days! I'd be interested in seeing how you enjoy this DVD.

Mary Johnson said...

You can do it! Dawn makes it easy and really low stress I think - she gives us permission to be less than perfect.

Blog Archive