About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Fleece, Fleece And More Fleece

The last time I was at Joann Fabrics they had lots of fleece remnants all marked at 50% off the regular price. I also happened to have a coupon for 20% off of my total purchase, so how could I not stock up? I have cut all of the fleece to size and used the skip stitch cutter on all the edges, so now I just have to work at crocheting around each blanket...the perfect project for these cold evenings! Once they are finished, they will all be donated to Project Linus.

13 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Great buy! And what a nice way to use them for charity quilts.

julia said...

Oh I need to get some fleece! I wonder if our JoAnns has the same deal? I need to do some Project Linus blankets too. Do you have an address too send them to?

Anya said...

I guess it won't be worth my while to make a trip up to the Joann's for bargain fleece...

Anonymous said...

Wyatt just loves his fleece blanket!

Barb said...

Great for project Linus!!!

Dena said...

Sounds like you got a great buy on the fleece. What size are you making your blankets?

free indeed said...

Thanks to you, I got my skip stitch cutter for Christmas! Now I need me some nice soft fleece. I have a granddaughter expected in april/may; her four older brothers are going to dote on her! I need me some soft pink! What weight yarn to you use?

free indeed said...

Never mind the yarn size; I went and read your other posts. THanks.

Maggey and Jim said...

Hello,
I had not heard of that skip stitch cutter.. will have to give it a whirl
Thanks
Maggey

Mrs. B said...

What a great idea! I must get one of these blades. Did you use the one with the small teeth or the original? I always seem to need a project to do while watching television in the evening. This will be perfect.

Meadows08 said...

Someone will be so lucky to receive your cozy quilt. It's going to be really cute too.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Ohhhh those look so warm. I have some fleece to make hats and socks. I started cutting it out but need to get back downstairs to finish up. However...I may need to make some of those to go with my socks :)

Great deal....and I love deals and free too!!

Smiles,
Kelly

Mary Johnson said...

I'd read about that cutter - does it work well?? Not that I want to start crocheting edging on fleece but if I did want to....is it easy to use the cutter?

Blog Archive