About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Basting Up A Storm

Northern Pennsylvania doesn't usually see a lot of severe spring weather, but every once in awhile we get a day like yesterday when we have thunderstorms all day long with an occasional tornado warning thrown in for good measure. I would have loved to have spent the day with my sewing machine, but the idea of having my foot on a metal pedal that is attached to an electric outlet during a thunderstorm made me just a bit nervous, so I opted to do some hand basting instead. It was a day well spent, because I now have three crib quilts basted and ready to quilt!

6 comments:

Anya said...

Can't wait to see how you quilt those, Susan. Be adventurous...

jovaliquilts said...

Do you machine quilt over that thread basting? I've been afraid to try that.

Barb said...

A day well spent I would say, gorgeous quilts you are showing us! Yes you are right, yesterday in PA was an adventure, but I am content to stay right here in PA :>D!! Have a great day, watch out for the possible low 30s tonight (predicted for us)!

Jocelyn said...

Great use of your time. Storms are nothing to fool with :-(

Jackie's Stitches said...

Can't wait to see them finished. They look really cute!

Do you always hand baste?

Anonymous said...

Well done Susan. Looks like you haven't wasted a minute. Did you take any photos of the storm?

Blog Archive