About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Yarn, Yarn And More Yarn!

Our first day in North Carolina we decided to stroll the streets of historic New Bern. It's a beautiful little town full of historical attractions and wonderful little shops. Weaver's Webb was one of the shops that we stepped into and it was like walking through the gates of knitter's heaven! They had every kind of yarn imaginable! It was stacked floor to ceiling...rows and rows of beautiful colors in wools, silks, cottons and all kinds of combinations. I could have done some serious financial damage to our bank account in that one little store, but I restrained myself and only brought home a skein of self-patterning wool. I know my way back though and you can be sure that I will be visiting this shop each time I am in North Carolina!

3 comments:

Barb said...

I don't knit but this picture is wonderful ~ surely it is heaven for knitters! Love the colors, like fabric there is something for everyone!

quiltingnana said...

wow...what a wonderful selection...almost makes me want to get out the knitting needles again!!!

Have your read the book FRIDAY NIGHT KNITTING CLUB?

Anonymous said...

Love the look of that place- definately a plastic card melter! LOL

My daughter was in New Bern NC in the Summer (with a list of fabric colours) I didn't think to ask her to go on a yarn mission too.

I am now kicking myself LOL

Blog Archive