About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Priority Hope Challenge

Here is my finished top for the Priority Hope Challenge that Tonya at Lazy Gal Quilting is sponsoring. It was my first attempt at free pieced letters and for a first try I don't think it's too bad. It was a little strange to be working without a pattern, but it didn't take too long for me to find out that I really like the "if it's too long, cut it off and if it's too short, add to it" method! Once I finish this quilt it will be donated to Ami Simm's Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative. If you would like to try free piecing this is a great starter project and it can then be donated to a great cause! The deadline for the challenge is November 20th, so there is still time to join in.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Very nice Susan, hard to beleive it was your first attempt at free style letters ~ I think you should do that again! Your bright colors do speak for HOPE, good job!

Tonya Ricucci said...

oh this is wonderful. You did a great job with the letters and woohoo!!! discovered how much fun it is to free-piece.

Susan said...

Thanks ladies! I do think that there will be more free pieced letters in my future...I had a lot of fun with this project!

Deb said...

This is great Susan, very cheerful colours

Blog Archive