About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Lunch With My Quilty Friends!

Once a month I get together with a few of my quilty friends and we spend the day working together on charity quilts. One of the benefits of this gathering is the wonderful potluck lunch! Today my contribution to our lunch is fresh baked zucchini-wild blueberry muffins.


Zucchini-Wild Blueberry Muffins

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup shredded zucchini
1 cup wild blueberries, fresh or frozen

In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Combine the egg, oil, milk, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and blueberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.

No comments:

Blog Archive